Making Healthy Living Exciting
Unified Youth Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides health and fitness camps that help educate youth about healthy lifestyles. We combine field day activities, health awareness, team building, and innovative fitness in one exciting event. These camps teach life skills to help battle childhood obesity & childhood diabetes in an age appropriate manner to empower change. Founded in Oklahoma, we take great pride in developing the youth of our state. We place a strong emphasis on rural communities and towns away from the metropolitan areas. Our mission and heart is to prepare future generations with the proper tools to make healthy decisions.
- Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years
- The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012
- Healthy lifestyle habits, including healthy eating and physical activity, can lower the risk of becoming obese and developing related diseases.
- Obese youth are more likely to have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure. In a population-based sample of 5- to 17-year-olds, 70% of obese youth had at least one risk factor for cardiovascular disease
- One study showed that children who became obese as early as age 2 were more likely to be obese as adults.